Early Customer Access Program (ECAP)for the VAST Platform (VA Smalltalk)
Starting 2-3 months before each major release, Instantiations' ECAP provides pre-release versions of the VAST Platform.
These pre-release versions give customers the opportuntity to check out new features and provide their feedback to our engineering team before the next release.
 Pre-release versions are snapshots of internal builds that are a work-in-progress. They may, or may not, be fully functional and are not intended for use in production systems.
If you are a VAST Platform customer with an active support plan, you already have access and can begin downloading the pre-release software now!
If you are not a customer just yet, we want to welcome you and ask that you check out the following links below:
Current ECAP Downloads
VAST Platform 2021 (v10.0.0) Pre-Release Builds are zero-install distributions
(no installation or modifications to the system required)
providing new 32-bit and 64-bit virtual machines coupled with the latest Smalltalk images for our upcoming release.
VAST Platform 2021 (v10.0.0) ECAP #1
Instructions (below) »
This ECAP release for VAST 2021 (v10.0.0) includes:
- Migration to LLVM 10 compiler toolchain resulting in performance increase of 10% across the board
- Cross-platform OsProcess framework
- Futures/Promises asynchronous framework
- Bytecode analysis engine for improved type reconstruction
- Method type annotations to augment code assist tooling
- Brace array syntax extensions
- IBM MQ series SSL/TLS support and 64-bit updates
- Enhanced walkback generator
- Improved SMTP handling of different server configurations and edge cases
- Many socket framework enhancements and fixes
- New EsTimedWait, a high-resolution timer in the base product
- New EsSecureRandom, a secure random number generator in the base product
- And more...see the full list
- Download the VAST Platform ECAP Distribution from the link found in the table above.
- Unzip the downloaded file. This will produce the ECAP Distribution directory.
- Please refer to the _USAGE.TXT file found in the ECAP Distribution directory for direction on how to run the product.
- Please refer to the _CHANGELOG.TXT file found in the ECAP Distribution directory for a listing of notable changes/limitations by version.
- Please refer to the _VERSION.TXT file found in the ECAP Distribution directory for a listing of version information.
Reporting an Issue
To report an issue with an ECAP build, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ECAP Build #
- Image Build # (i.e. [System imageBuildNumber asString])
- Operating System Version
- Impacts 32-bit, 64-bit, both?
- VA Debugger Stack Trace Attached (Yes/No)
- Description of the problem
- Steps to reproduce the problem
- Detailed error messages
- Walkback logs and code samples as appropriate
 If applicable, select Stack or Copy Stack or Trace Text in the VA Debugger to generate the Stack Trace.