VA Smalltalk Goodie: Multimedia
The Multimedia feature supplies the components for enabling development of
VisualAge applications that support multimedia files:
A set of parts that allows you to include multimedia files in your application
The Multimedia feature works with VisualAge Smalltalk (VAST) v6.0 and later. It
should work with Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, and OS/2 V4 or V4.5. It
may work with Windows ME and Windows XP, but has not been tested on these
- Unzip the distribution package file (okay, so you’ve probably already
done that) into your VisualAge Smalltalk Client directory (for example,
c:\vast600). Note that Your unzip program must honor (not flatten) the directory
structure when it unzips the package.
- Make <vast-root>\goodies\Multimedia\setup your current directory.
- Run the setup script (setup_w.bat or setup_o.cmd) to copy files to their
NOTE: You may want to modify this script file before running it. The multimedia
sample files must reside in the subdirectory with the image that references
them. The script assumes that this subdirectory is named ..\..\..\image -- if
you want to place these files elsewhere then you should modify the script.
- Start your VisualAge Smalltalk development image and setup the library tools
to import all required maps by swiping and executing this expression:
EtTools moveAllRequiredMapsToo: true.
- Import the 'Goodies - Multimedia' configuration map from
- Turn off the importing of all required maps by swiping and executing this
EtTools moveAllRequiredMapsToo: false.
- Load (with required maps) the 'Goodies - Multimedia' configuration map.
This package consists of a single zip file containing:
readme.txt (this file)
Version G600 - Initial release;
code and documentation are identical to what was shipped in VisualAge Smalltalk V5.5