VA Smalltalk Goodie:
Smalltalk JSP Scripting for SST (JSPS)
This VAST goodie extends the Server Smalltalk (SST) web application server with
support for Java Server Pages (JSP), with Smalltalk as the JSP scripting
Documentation for this goodie is provided in the 'doc' directory of the goodie
JSPS requires VAST/6.0 and the VAST SST feature. JSPS is not known to have
any platform-specific dependencies or limitations.
This goodie requires the VAST Server Smalltalk (SST) feature.
The JSPS goodie consists of Smalltalk code only. To install, import and load
the single configuration map provided in the ".dat" file.
- Unzip the distribution package file, "Goodie-sstjsps.zip" into your
VisualAge Smalltalk Client root directory (on Windows for example,
c:\vast600; on multiuser systems, you may find your image startUp directory
more convenient). Note that your unzip program must honor (not flatten) the
directory structure when it unzips the package.
- Start your VisualAge Smalltalk development image.
- Ensure that the Server Smalltalk (SST) feature is loaded. From the
System Transcript, select Tools ->Load/Unload features and load "ST:Server,
- Import the 'Goodies - SST JSPS' configuration map from \goodies\SSTJSPS\manager\sstjsps.dat
(Windows path separators).
- Load the 'Goodies - SST JSPS' configuration map into your development
This package consists of a single zip file containing:
readme.txt (this file)
Version G600 - Initial release
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 2002. All rights reserved.