VA Smalltalk Goodie: Tivoli Connection
The Tivoli Connection feature supplies the components for enabling development
of VisualAge applications that are Tivoli management-ready:
- A set of parts that allows you to generate standard Tivoli events from your
- An interface that sends your events to the Tivoli Enterprise Console
The Tivoli Connection feature works with VisualAge Smalltalk (VAST) v6.0 and
later. It should work with Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, and Windows 2000.
It may work with Windows ME and Windows XP, but has not been tested on these
- Unzip the distribution package file (okay, so you’ve probably already
done that) into your VisualAge Smalltalk Client directory (for example,
c:\vast600 or /opt/IBMvast/6.0). Note that Your unzip program must honor (not
flatten) the directory structure when it unzips the package.
- Make <vast-root>\goodies\TivoliConnection\setup your current directory.
- Run the setup script (setup_w.bat) to copy files to their final location.
- Start your VisualAge Smalltalk development image and setup the library tools
to import all required maps by swiping and executing this expression: EtTools
- import the 'Goodies - TivoliConnection' configuration map from
- Turn off the importing of all required maps by swiping and executing this
expression: EtTools moveAllRequiredMapsToo: false.
- Load (with required maps) the 'Goodies - TivoliConnection' configuration map.
This package consists of a single zip file containing:
readme.txt (this file)
Version G600 - Initial release; code and documentation are identical to what
was shipped in VisualAge Smalltalk V5.5