VA Smalltalk Goodie: Notebook Settings Views
The Notebook Settings Views Goodie allows VisualAge Smalltalk developers to switch between the current property settings or the former notebook settings views when double-clicking on a composition editor part.
The Notebook Settings Views work with the VisualAge Smalltalk v6.0 and later development environment -- it is not designed to be packaged into a runtime image. Supported operating systems are the same as for the version of VisualAge Smalltalk that you are running it on.
- Unzip the distribution package file into your VisualAge Smalltalk Client root directory
(for example, c:\vast600 or /opt/IBMvast/6.0).
Note that your unzip program must honor (not flatten) the directory structure when it unzips the package.
- Make \goodies\NotebookSettingsViews\setup (Windows or OS/2) or /goodies/NotebookSettingsViews/setup (Unix) your current directory.
- Run the setup script appropriate to your platform (for example, setup_l for Linux or setup_w.bat for Windows) to copy files to their final location.
- Start your VisualAge Smalltalk development image
- Import the 'Goodies - Notebook Settings Views' configuration map from \goodies\NotebookSettingsViews\manager\setviews.dat (Windows or OS/2) or /goodies/NotebookSettingsViews/manager/setviews.dat (Unix).
- Load 'Goodies - Notebook Settings Views' configuration map.